Looking for a brighter career path?
Brightly is an experience design (XD) and digital transformation (DX) consultancy focused on turning complex business challenges into elegant, simple software. Brightly is design-led, research-driven, user-focused, and deep on technology. Brightly delivers world-class business software design and product strategy & development expertise to complex custom software projects (including digital products, B2B & B2C e-commerce, SaaS solutions, enterprise web & mobile, as well as proof of concept, prototype & innovative applications in IoT, AR/VR, AI, machine learning and more).
As the Brightly team often tackles new and complex business issues, we seek team members passionate about their craft, with a love for problem solving, continuous learning, and collaboration. With a geographically diverse team, we work best with self-motivated people with strong communication skills. Brightly offers flexibility in work/life schedule, paid training opportunities, and a growing list of benefits.
Brightly is seeking a motivated, hands-on UX Designer to join the Brightly interactive design team. The UX Designer is responsible for applying user-centric design best practices to craft scalable UX/UI designs and experiences across digital platforms. The UX Designer is responsible for driving creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong pedigree in visual design and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences. The UX designer will help drive hands-on projects at every stage of the life cycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the project team to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch. The UX Designer must be highly focused, self-motivated, and have a strong attention to detail. Collaborating well and being a part of a positive, fast-paced working environment is a key attribute for anyone wishing to work at Brightly.
Email email@example.com to apply
- A strong professional background, with 3-5 years of UX and UI design experience. Preferably you will have spent some time working in an agency environment.
- A robust understanding of UX – wireframes, user personas, user flows, user journeys.
- Strong conceptual thinking. You must be able to begin a project from a thoughtful, meticulously planned position and develop strategic concepts throughout the process.
- Proficiency in prototype tools including, but not limited to, Figma, Axure, InVision.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills. You possess the ability to work with cross-functional teams, and you have the confidence to communicate your ideas clearly.
- Play a pivotal role in research and strategic planning
The UX Designer may be asked to craft and conduct user interviews, create user personae, user flows, storyboards, and other user experience planning documents for enterprise web and software products. Using the information gleaned from these, the UX Designer will be responsible for creating interactive and intuitive wireframes.
- Create compelling UI designs
The UX Designer brings a strong aesthetic eye for design to create effective visual hierarchies and balance form with functionality, both for client work and internal projects.
- Be critical and intentional
Think critically about the strategic direction, apply best practices to every design exercise, and offer innovative solutions with the mentality that there’s always room for improvement.
- Effectively communicate
Among colleagues, with the senior management team, and in all client interactions, we expect every member of our team to speak professionally and confidently about their work. Brightly team members are personable and positive to be around.
- Must possess a strong understanding of user centered design and user experience
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to easily execute without ample direction
- Must be comfortable working with clients from a variety of industries and markets
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to think critically and efficiently multitask
- Must be confident in presenting your work to team members and clients, answering questions, articulate information to clients, and effectively managing workloads to meet deliverables within agreed timeframes
- Must be open to constructive criticisms
- Must possess the ability to learn quickly
- Figma, Adobe Photoshop, and/or Sketch.
Nice to have
- Adobe products (Illustrator, XD, InDesign)
- Front End Code
- Google Analytics
Schedule, location, and travel
- Full-time salaried, but open to contract-to-hire
- Fully remote, partially remote, or on-site in either our Grand Rapids or Traverse City office depending on applicant’s location and preference
- Brightly has national clients so some travel (when safe) is required
- Health insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Remote work ability
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training opportunities